(23 Aug 2025)
RESTRICTION SUMMARY:
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Tel Aviv, Israel – 23 August 2025
++NIGHT SHOTS++
1. Various of protesters chanting
2. Protesters chanting, holding up posters reading (English): "Sabotaging deals kills hostages" and (Hebrew): "Operation Abandonment of hostages B"
3. Poster reading (English) "How many more for Bibi’s (nickname of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu) war?"
4. Zoom out of crowd holding up phones with flashlights on
5. Protesters chanting around fire
6. Fire being put out
7. Protesters chanting, holding up posters with photos of hostages on
8. Wide of protesters, smoke
STORYLINE:
Protesters gathered in Tel Aviv on Saturday for a weekly demonstration demanding a ceasefire in the war with Hamas and a comprehensive deal to release the remain captives in the enclave
Israel’s defense minister has warned that Gaza City could be destroyed in a new military operation perhaps just days away, even as famine spreads there.
Many Israelis fear the assault on Gaza City could doom the 20 hostages who are believed to have survived since Hamas’ attack on southern Israel in 2023 which triggered the war.
Another 30 are thought to be dead.
Hundreds of thousands of Israelis protested a week ago for a deal to end the fighting and bring everyone home.
Ceasefire efforts are on hold as mediators await Israelβs next steps.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Thursday he had ordered officials to begin immediate negotiations to free the hostages and end the war on Israel’s terms.
It is unclear whether Israel will return to the talks mediated by the United States, Egypt, and Qatar after Hamas said earlier this week it had accepted a new proposal from Arab mediators.
Hamas said it would release the hostages in exchange for an end to the war, but rejects disarmament without the creation of a Palestinian state.
US President Donald Trump expressed frustration with Hamas’s stance and suggested the group was less interested in making deals to free the hostages with so few of them still alive.
The Gaza Health Ministry said at least 62,622 Palestinians have died in the war, including missing persons whose deaths have been confirmed by a special judicial committee within the ministry.
The number of malnutrition-related deaths rose by eight to 281, the ministry said.
AP Video shot by Shlomo Mor
===========================================================
Clients are reminded to adhere to all listed restrictions and to check the terms of their licence agreements. For further assistance, please contact the AP Archive on: Tel +44(0)2074827482 Email: info@aparchive.com.
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP_Archive
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/APArchives ββ
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/APNews/
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/a7a0e950e7834c70a282b393d071777e
Author: AP Archive
Go to Source
News post in August 28, 2025, 9:05 pm.
Visit Our Sponsor’s:
News Post In – News